2. Collection of Your Personal Information.
We will always tell you before we collect any Personal Information from you. “Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, credit or debit card number, title, occupation, and other information required to provide product or service or carry out some other transaction you have requested. Information you provide is only collected and used for the purpose it was requested. Some of the reasons we collect your Personal Information include the following:
- Registration for an account or Product registration
- Requesting information about us or our Products
- Use of certain features of our Products
- Requesting service and support for our Products and providing such support
- Placement of a transaction or order
- Registration to attend a seminar or webinar
- Participation in an online survey
- Submission of an entry for a sweepstakes or other promotion
- Participation in discussion groups or forum
- Collaboration efforts
- Registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
- When you apply for a job
- Customizing the advertising and content you see
- During online certification testing
- Provision of anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
3. Uses of Your Personal Information.
- To engage in transactions with you.
- To process your orders and deliver the Products that you have ordered.
- To keep you up to date on the latest Product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information.
- To provide Product support and assistance for our Products, including the provision of security and other upgrade patches (if applicable).
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To provide and administer contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities on our websites.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To support recruitment inquiries
- To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To allow you to forward information to another individual, such as a friend or co-worker who you believe is interested in receiving the information.
- To administer and process your certification exams.
- To meet legal obligations.
4. Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information.
We need your help in keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date. If you provide Personal Information, please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information.
You may have the ability to view or edit your Personal Information online. In order to help prevent your Personal Information from being viewed by others, you will be required to sign in with your credentials (for example, email address and password). The appropriate method(s) for accessing your Personal Information will depend on which websites or Products you have used. You may also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the update of your Personal Information or for other requests regarding your Personal Information.
We encourage you to utilize online updating mechanisms where available. Manual update can be time consuming, and therefore we favor online mechanisms.
5. Unsubscribe Preferences.
Each promotional email from us should include instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
This may not apply to the receipt of service communications that are considered part of certain Products you use; you may receive such service communications periodically unless we are properly notified you are no longer a user of the Product.
7. Non-personal/Anonymous Information Collection.
In some instances, IPBRICK may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs, web beacons or embedded technologies. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website.
In addition, by using some of our Product, anonymous network information may be transmitted back to us such as: the health of the equipment and types of devices attached to the network. With this information we can determine how users are interacting with the Product to assist us with improving it and to provide alerts regarding available software updates/upgrades.
8. Sharing Your Personal Information.
We do not sell, rent, share or trade your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may share your Personal Information within IPBRICK or any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may also share your Personal Information with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to offer or provide IPBRICK product or services or support a transaction you have requested, including processing and shipping orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete/provide the requested service or transaction, and the third parties are not permitted to use your Personal Information except for the limited purpose of completing/providing the requested service or transaction.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your Personal Information and other related information, if necessary. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims and use your Personal Information in this regard as appropriate.
We may collect and possibly share Personal Information and any other additional information available to us in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected or potential fraud, brand protection matters (such as gray market sales or use of IPBRICK’s trademark without a license), situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of IPBRICK’s Customer Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
While navigating our websites or using our Products you may be directed to content or functionality that is hosted by a third-party supplier. This may be done to host special events, such as contests. When information is collected on behalf of IPBRICK exclusively, this IPBRICK Privacy Statement will be referenced on the website and will govern how your information is used. For other, non-IPBRICK websites, the website owner’s privacy statement will be referenced.
9. Security of Your Personal Information.
IPBRICK is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. Depending on the Information collected, we intend to utilize one or more industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and/or organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. However, no security method is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security.
We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, make sure you use a secure browser and utilize data loss prevention technologies.
10. Linked Websites.
Our websites and Products may offer links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this IPBRICK Privacy Statement. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on these (and all) sites you visit.
11. Forums/Chat Rooms.
If you participate in a discussion forum or chat room on a IPBRICK website, you should be aware that the personal and other information you provide there will be made broadly available potentially inside or outside IPBRICK, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. This personal information collected could also be used to send you unsolicited messages. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of IPBRICK. We are not responsible for the Personal Information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums.
We may post user testimonials, comments and reviews which may contain personal information including name, title and photograph. We do obtain user consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
12. Children’s Privacy.
IPBRICK does not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. IPBRICK encourages parents and guardians to go online with their children. Here are a few tips to help make a child’s online experience safer:
Teach children never to give Personal Information (such as name, address, phone number, school, etc.) unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult.
Know the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
Look for website privacy policies and know how your child’s information is treated.
Please visit the FTC’s website for more tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
13. Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information.
We may transfer your Personal Information to IPBRICK in Portugal, to any IPBRICK subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf, for the purposes of processing or storage, including for offering or providing IPBRICK services to you, and by providing any Personal Information to us you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information.
14. Compliance Issues.
If you believe your personal information has been used in a way that is not consistent with this policy or your preferences, please contact IPBRICK headquarters in writing at the following address:
Rua de Passos Manuel, nº 66/76
Attn: Financial Department: Privacy
15. Applicable Law.
IPBRICK may update this privacy statement at any time. We will post a notice to this policy whenever this privacy statement is materially changed so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Your continued use of the IPBRICK website after any change will signify and confirm your assent to those changes.